Friday, December 5, 2008

Great Friends and a Great Riding Season!


I haven't blogged in a few days because I really didn't know what to blog about. This week has been quiet and fairly uneventful. One thing that did happen was I put my bike away for the winter. A few friends from church came over Wednesday night and helped me get it ready. We took my mileage for the mileage competition at church and for my first season riding I completed 2888 kms. Not bad for a first year.

This was a great riding season. I had so much fun and learned a lot. My first long trip was to Alexandria with a couple of friends, Chico and Debbie and my husband, Ken and on that day we did about 320 km. We went to the St. Raphaels Ruins in Glengarry. If you've never been, it's a great ride and a beautiful church to see. Throughout the season I went on some smaller rides and made a trip to Kingston to visit family. One ride in particular I remember is with my friend Bob. We went on a fall colour ride toward the end of September. We rode through Richmond and North Gower and Manotick. The colours were beautiful! All in all it was a wonderful season. I look forward to next season. We are already planning a trip to P.E.I and the Cabot Trail Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia!

I'm grateful today for my friends. They are always willing to offer a helping hand and of course, are always up for a ride.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-11 (New International Version)
9 Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
10 If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!
11 Also, if two lie down together,
they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?

No comments: