Tuesday, January 27, 2009

In Memory of Another Dear Friend


Today my church family lost another dear friend, Carrie Smith Belair. She was an amazing women, with lots of spirit, spunk and originality. She's the person that asked all the questions everyone else was too shy or scared to ask in church. If you want to know what Carrie was like or who she was just read her blog. She started this blog as a journal and legacy for her boys. She had hope and faith that she could beat the cancer but also felt she needed to leave her boys a 'bit' of herself if things didn't work out. Carrie was adamant about expressing her journey as 'living with cancer' not 'dying from cancer'.

Well Carrie, my dear friend, now you can have all your questions answered. :) Too bad that you couldn't come back and let us know the answers. Thank you for being a part of my life; for giving me my baby Faith and for being a friend when I needed one. Thank you for being the courageous woman that you were and for inspiring others with your spirit and no nonsense approach to life. Thank you for being my sister in Christ. Thank you for being you! I love you and will miss you. Ride on...Rest in peace Carrie.
Here is a YouTube video Carrie made after friends from her church home group surprised her with a gift of taking her horseback riding. This is Carrie in a nut shell...open, honest, loving, spiritual...amazing.

No comments: